2 tbsp ground flaxseed
200g Enjoy! Salted Caramel buttons (we used bloomed buttons that were a bit past their best!)
80g coconut oil
125g self-raising flour (GF if necessary)
70g ground almonds (can substitute with ground pumpkin and sunflower seeds)
50g cocoa powder
¼ tsp baking powder
150g coconut sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 170C/ 150C fan/ 3 ½ gas
- Grease and line a suitable baking tin with baking parchment
- Add 6tsp of water to the flaxseeds and set aside whilst you get on with the rest of the recipe (needs at least 5 minutes)
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil with 60ml of water on a low heat. Once melted, remove from the heat.
- Put the flour, almonds, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl and stir to remove any lumps
- Using a hand whisk, mix the coconut sugar into the melted chocolate mixture and beat well until the sugar is completely dissolved and it looks smooth and glossy
- Stir in the flaxseed mixture, vanilla extract and flour mixture. You may need to add a little more water- the mixture should be quite firm, but you need to be able to work it!
- Combine well and spoon into the prepared tin
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean with moist crumbs
- Allow to cool completely in the tin, then cut into pieces
Store in an airtight container and eat within three days.