Introducing a 'healthy' chocolate cake, courtesy of @nicoletta_mikela
Are you ready to indulge in a chocolate delight? Look no further! We have a mouthwatering recipe from the wonderful Nicoletta! This treat is made with wholesome ingredients and topped with a heavenly chocolate frosting. So, let's dive right in!
- 250g spelt flour (or any flour of choice or gluten free)
- 100g almond flour
- 65g cacao powder
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs (or flax to make vegan)
- 322 g maple syrup
- 245 g thick plain yogurt
- 50g coconut oil or any mild tasting oil
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 180ml almond milk
For healthy chocolate frosting:
- 200g can coconut milk full fat
- 3/4 Enjoy vanilla flavoured chocolate bars
First make the healthy chocolate frosting:
In a pan slowly heat up entire can of coconut milk (the thick cream part) just until it starts to boil but not boiling.
- Remove from heat, add broken up pieces of enjoy chocolate vanilla bars (saving half a bar to sprinkle on top at the end), whisk until smooth let it cool for around 5 minutes
- Whip up frosting with an electric hand mixer for a few minutes or until a bit fluffy. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the cake later on
Preheat oven to 180, grease two 9inch cake tins
In a large bowl, combine flour, cacao powder, baking soda + bicarb, salt and whisk until you see no lumps.
In another bowl, add eggs, maple syrup, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract. Whisk or beat with an electric mixer for around 30 seconds. Add flour mixture to the bowl with wet ingredients and whisk until smooth. Slowly Adding milk, and whisk until well combined.
Divide batter evenly between two previously prepared cake tins and bake on for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with some crumbs attached to it.
Remove cakes from the oven and let cool for 20 minutes.
When ready to assemble the cake, use about half the frosting for the middle layer, and the rest for the top
To decorate with chocolate shavings, grate up the rest of the enjoy chocolate bar, sprinkle on top. Slice up and enjoy
We hope you enjoy this irresistible chocolate cake recipe. Don't forget to share this recipe with your friends and family, because everyone deserves a taste of this heavenly delight. Until next time, happy baking and enjoy every sweet moment!